Swiss Meringue Buttercream Recipe
Swiss Meringue Buttercream is a smooth and silky frosting, that just screams elegance.
It has a beautiful sheen, and tastes incredible. See how easy it is to make.
Swiss Meringue Buttercream Recipe Tutorial
- 4 large egg whites at room temp
- 1 1/2 C caster sugar
- 450g (1lb) butter, cut into small cubes, at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour egg whites and sugar into a bowl, preferably your mixer bowl. Place over saucepan of hot water, with the water not high enough to touch your bowl, and heat on low.
- Whisk until the mixture has no sugar granules left. Test this by rubbing a small amount of mixture between your fingers.
- Remove from heat, and beat on med/ high (setting 8) for 10 minutes, or until cool. The mixture should look like marshmallow.
- Whilst the mixer is at medium, add the softened butter, one piece at a time. Count to 10-12 before adding another piece, and that way you know it’s fully incorporated.
- Then pour in your vanilla extract and mix one last time to combine.
Last Updated on December 6, 2022 by Sylvia Collins