Cream Cheese Icing
Learn how to make cream cheese icing, perfect for carrot cakes, spice cakes and red velvet cupcakes. Tips and tools listed below.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 Cup Measuring Cup
- Stand Mixer
- Add sifted sugar a 1/2 cup at a time.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl periodically to ensure even mixing.
- Add extra flavor with your favorite extracts or citrus zests.
In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and milk. Beat on high until smooth (30 – 60 seconds). If icing seems too thin, add confectioners’ sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. If it seems too thick, add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time until icing reaches desired consistency.
Last Updated on January 12, 2023 by Sylvia Collins