Wow, straight out of pastry heaven, comes this delicious hot chocolate cake roll that you can really sink your teeth into!
With layer upon layer of chocolate, icing and marshmallows all rolled into one incredible dessert, this recipe will trigger an explosion of decadent flavours that are guaranteed to please anyone who is a chocolate fan.
Chocolate Cake Roll Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
Unsweetened baking cocoa and powder sugar for rolling the cake
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- 1½ cups Cool Whip (in tub not can)
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 and line 17x11x1 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil spray .
- Beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes until thick and light yellow.
- Slowly beat in granulated sugar.
- Lower speed to low and add water and vanilla extract.
- Still on low, slowly add flour, ¼ cup cocoa, the baking powder and salt. Beat just until batter is smooth.
- Pour into pan and spread evenly. Bake for 7-8 minutes and do a toothpick test. Run a spatula around edges of the pan to loosen cake.
- Generously sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with cocoa and powder sugar. Turn the cake pan upside down onto the towel. Carefully remove parchment paper. Trim off crusty edges if necessary.
While the cake is still hot, gently roll cake with the towel from narrow end
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, make frosting: Beat cream cheese with sugar on medium-high for about 2 minutes, until light and smooth. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and add marshmallow fluff. Beat until combined. On low speed, beat in Cool Whip just until combined. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and add marshmallows. Fold them in with a spatula until all incorporated.
Unroll cake carefully. spread frosting all over the cake, leaving about an inch and a half one of the short ends.
- Carefully roll the cake back up and place cake on the serving dish seam down.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top off with some mini marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve