Today I share my fluffy yummy cupcakes recipe. I discovered this recipe from Rachel Allen and it has never failed me. I hope you find it as versatile as I have.
125 g butter, softened
200 g caster sugar
150 ml milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
300 g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160C fan/gas 3. Line 2 12-cup cupcake trays with paper cases.
2. Cream the butter until soft in a large bowl or in an electric food mixer. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl for a few seconds just until mixed, then gradually add them to the creamed butter mixture, beating all the time.
4. Beat in the milk, followed by the vanilla extract, then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and fold in gently to combine.
5. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases, filling each case about two-thirds full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen, lightly golden in colour and springy to the touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool completely.