Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Vegan Chocolate Mousse.If you thought twice about clicking into this recipe due to the lack of dairy and sugar.
You’ll be so glad you had a last minute change of heart because this mousse, is delicious. Coconut Cream – good. Cocoa Powder – Goood. Dates – Goooood. It’s a win/win.
Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Here’s what you’ll need to create your own:
- Makes 2 Cups (approx. 2-4 servings)
- 1 Can Coconut Cream
- 5 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Dried Dates, Diced
- 1 Tspn Vanilla
- First things first, your can of coconut cream needs to be chilled overnight. This helps it thicken and separate and means you’ll be mixing this concoction with a thickened cream, rather than beating a runny brown mess together!
- When you’re ready to start, you’ll want to soak your dates (unless you have a super fabulous food processor) in some boiling water until they are soft to the touch so they blend more easily
- Then open your can of coconut cream and separate the hardened cream from the top (this is what is pictured above). The remainder will be a juicy, coconut water that is left over. Save this
- When it comes to mixing, you can use a processor or hand blender
- Start with all your thickened cream and a tbsp of dates, blend
- Add some more dates
- If the mixture is not ‘blendable’, add some of your coconut water as and when needed
- Keep adding your dates
- Lastly the cocoa and vanilla
- Mix until thick and your dates are barely noticeable
- Pour into ramekins and chill for at least a couple hours before serving
You can’t taste the dates and the coconut is not as noticeable as you would think.
Last Updated on