If you have a rainbow lover or someone who adores unicorns, you must make this cake for them. It’s so magically perfect.
- 1.5 or 2 batches vanilla cake batter
- 2 batches vanilla buttercream
- silver cola balls
- silver dragees
- pastel sugar pearls
- star sprinkles
- heart/star silver edible confetti
- rainbow meringues
- gel paste (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line 8″ cake pans.
- Prepare vanilla cake batter and divide batter equally into six different bowls. In each bowl, drop one-two drops of one colour. Stir until colour is completely combined.
- Bake each colour of batter seperately in the prepared baking pan for 20-25 minutes. Allow cakes to cool completely before icing.
- Prepare buttercream and divide batter equally into six different bowls. In each bowl, drop one-two drops of one colour. Stir until colour is completely combined. Place each colour of buttercream into a piping bag and snip off the end.
- Place purple cake onto a cake board and attach it with a small swipe of purple buttercream. Cover purple layer with a thin layer of purple buttercream. Place blue layer on top, and cover with a thin layer of blue buttercream. Repeat with green, yellow, orange and red. Cover red layer completely and ensure that the top in flat.
- Once the top of the cake is flat, cover the side of the cake with purple buttercream at the bottom of the stack, where the purple cake layer is. Make sure that there is enough buttercream to cover the entire layer of purple along the sides. Repeat, moving up one layer, and do the same with the blue buttercream. Repeat until back at the top with the red layer. Using a flat edge scraper, ensure that scraper is vertical, carefully scrape buttercream off the cake until colours are blended and smooth.
- Add star sprinkles, dragees and edible glitter to the sides of the cake.
- Add pearls, and coke candies to the top outer border of the cake, and add rainbow meringues to complete cake.
- Cake is best consumed within 2-3 days.