How to make Buttercream Icing – complete tutorial. this video show you how to make buttercream icing. Ingredients and tips listed below.
- 300 grams of unsalted butter (approximately 3 sticks)
- 300 grams of unsalted margarine
- 1 tbsp of clear vanilla
- 1 squirt of light corn syrup
- Mix the above ingredients together for 5 minutes or until well combined with your stand mixer.
- Return the mixing bowl to the scale and add 750 grams of powdered sugar.
- Mix this once again starting at the lowest speed until powdered sugar gets moist then increase to maximum speed to whip the ingredients for 10 to 15 minutes.
*This icing will be too stiff to work with once refrigerated, leave it out at room temperature before decorating your cake.