Designed for the beginning cake decorator — or for those who have never received formal training in proper cake preparation then they can start by following chef tony design.
You will need very few tools to complete a cream animal from butter cream follow the hand movement of the chef to start preparing beautiful designs from cream icing.
- buttercream Icing
- Red Velvet Cake
- Pillow shaped cake
- Recipe of butter cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 lb. confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. vanilla (for a very white frosting, use clear vanilla)
- 2-3 T. heavy cream
- Cream the butter and shortening together in the mixer at low speed. Add vanilla.
- Add the sugar slowly into the bowl while the mixer is running, allowing it to incorporate fully with each addition. Scrape the sides as needed.
- Mixture will be very stiff at this point.
- Add cream 1 T. at a time to soften the mixture slightly. The mixture should still be stiff — if you thin it too much, add more confectioners’ sugar to adjust.