Easy No Cook Mock Swiss Meringue Buttercream
No Cook Meringue Buttercream Icing-Winbeckler Recipe.
This delicious no-cook meringue buttercream frosting works great for frosting a cake and as a base under fondant.
- 1-1/4 pounds (20 oz.) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)–omit salt if using salted butter or half salted butter–according to taste
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons (which totals 8 teaspoons) meringue powder
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) water
- 2 Tablespoons (1 oz.) vanilla flavor
- 2 pounds unsalted butter, room temp./softened (if using salted butter or half salted butter, omit salt in recipe above)
- In mixer bowl, add powdered sugar, salt, meringue powder, water, and vanilla.
- Mix on low speed to combine these ingredients then increase speed to medium then high and mix for 5 to 10 minutes to build volume.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add room temp. butter. Once all butter is incorporated, increase mixer speed to medium then to high and beat an additional 5 to 10 minutes until full volume is reached.
- Storage: Because this icing recipe contains butter, the icing should be refrigerated. It can also be frozen for later use.