These double chocolate muffins made with heavy cream are absolutely amazing. They don’t need any additional butter or oil, the fat in heavy cream is enough to create one of the moist muffins ever.
Combine this with chocolate and you are in Chocolate Heaven. The muffins don’t stick to the muffin paper cups at all, they remove very easy.
Makes 12 muffins
2/3 cup (135g) sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (250 g) heavy cream
1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 2/3 cups (210g) flour
4 oz (120 g) bittersweet chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Line the muffin tins with paper cups. Cut the chocolate in small chunks.
2. In a large bowl place the eggs, sugar, salts and vanilla extract. Mix well until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored. Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
3. Add cocoa powder over the whipped heavy cream and mix to combine.
4. Add whipped cream to eggs mixture and mix well.
5. Add baking powder and flour and mix to combine.
6. Fold in the chocolate chunks and keep about 2 tbsp of chocolate for topping.
7. Spoon mixture into the muffin cups. Add the remained chocolate chunks on top of them.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool a bit over a wire rack before serving. If the chocolate on top melted entirely add some more chunks while they are still warm to get a nice look on top.