This is a perfect idea for a child who enjoys LEGOs or a childhood-inspired party for adults. My son is madly into LEGOs, and when he saw this LEGO block cake on websit , he fell in love.
Build a block birthday cake that is fun and easy,kids will love these bright and colourful LEGO block cake .
You can either create one large cake or a few smaller cakes to look like LEGO blocks of different sizes and colors.
— 1 box cake mix
— Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
— 2 containers Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
— red, yellow and blue gel food colors
— Tray or cardboard (15×12 inches), covered with wrapping paper and plastic food wrap or foil
— 12 large marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan.
2. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Refrigerate or freeze cake about 1 hour or until firm.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl for each color, tint 1 cup frosting red, 1 cup frosting yellow and 2/3 cup frosting blue with food colors. Leave remaining frosting white.
4. Using serrated knife, cut rounded dome from top of cake to make flat surface; place cake cut side down. Cut cake crosswise into thirds. Cut one of the thirds in half crosswise to make 2 squares. Place cake pieces on tray.
5. To seal in crumbs, frost top and sides of 1 square cake with thin layer of blue frosting and 1 square cake with thin layer of white frosting. Frost 1 rectangular cake with thin layer of yellow frosting and 1 rectangular cake with thin layer of red frosting. Refrigerate or freeze 30 to 60 minutes to set frosting.
6. Add final coat of frosting to each cake. Frost 4 marshmallow halves with blue frosting; place in square design on blue cake. Frost 4 marshmallow halves with white frosting; place in square design on white cake. Frost 8 marshmallow halves with yellow frosting; place on yellow cake. Frost 8 marshmallow halves with red frosting; place on red cake. Store loosely covered.