Nutella is a great ingredient for a desert and it can also make you feel happy in an instant. Each and every sweet treat becomes better once you add Nutella and this is true for pies too.
These mini pie cups are filled with Nutella mousse and topped with chocolate curls. They are light and fluffy, served in the flower crust, which makes them pretty and delicious desserts for a Valentine’s day treat or any days and parties you feel special. They are easy to make, too.
Mini Nutella Pies
Mini Chocolate and Nutella Pies Recipe
These mini pie cups are filled with Nutella mousse and topped with chocolate curls.
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts (I used Pillsbury)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese – softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup Nutella
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 8 oz container whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 extra large Hershey’s chocolate bar
- Unroll pie crusts on a silicon mat and cut out large circles using a scalloped cookie cutter or even a small bowl. My cookie cutter was 5 inches wide. I had to knead and re-roll the scraps to get 6 out of each crust.
- Put the crusts in greased muffin tins, leaving an empty space between crusts. Press them into the bottom and on the sides. Ruffle and then flatten the tops so they lay flat. Prick the bottoms with a fork.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add Nutella, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in the container of whipped topping.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once the pie crust cups are cooled and ready to be filled, spoon Nutella mousse into a pastry bag and pipe mousse into the pie crust cups.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate chips and top with chocolate curls.
- Make chocolate curls by softening the Hershey’s bar in the microwave for a few seconds. Then, use a vegetable peeler, held at an angle, to make the curls along the edge of the chocolate bar.